Termites Infestations Require Quick Action.
Termites cause billions of dollars of damage each year, and need to be eradicated quickly to prevent serious structural damage to a home. However, even when homeowners understand the need for treatment, they’re sometimes reluctant to have chemicals spread throughout their homes. Fortunately, low-toxicity options are available.
Low-toxicity treatments have many benefits.
- They’re better for the environment.
- They won’t harm your family or pets.
- You can stay in your home while it’s being treated for termites.
MightyMite Termite Services has a wide range of low-toxicity termite control options.
- Orange Oil
- Active ingredient, D-Limonene, found in many household products.
- Breaks down the termites’ exoskeletons.
- Not harmful to people or pets.
- Sustainably derived from the rinds of oranges used in producing orange juice.
- BoraCare & Tim-Bor
- This low-toxicity product works as a preventative.
- Prevents termites, wood-boring beetles, and many wood-destroying fungi.
- Sprayed in areas with exposed wood, like crawl spaces and attics.
- Provides protection that can last between 10 and 20 years.
- Termidor SC & Foam
- Highly effective
- Different formulations to treat different types of termite infestations.
- Termidor SC is a soil treatment for use against subterranean termites.
- Termidor Foam is a treatment for use against drywood termites and is injected directly into the termite galleries
- Termites transfer Termidor back to their colonies, spreading it throughout the colony.
- Minimal access to a colony can eradicate the entire colony.
You Can Help Prevent Termite Infestation with No Chemicals Needed.
- Keep an eye out for termites.
- Look for mud tubes on the outside of your house.
- Watch for wings in the windowsills.
- Pay attention to signs like hollow sounding wood or pinholes in drywall.
- Make your home inhospitable to termites.
- Fix leaks and keep your crawlspace or basement dry.
- Keep water away from the foundation with good landscaping and properly maintained gutters and downspouts.
- Remove food sources like cardboard and papers in the crawlspace.
- Keep wood away from the house and off the ground, and get rid of rotten wood.
- Don’t let termites into your house.
- Seal any cracks in the home’s exterior as soon as you notice them.
- Keep trees and shrubs from touching the house.
- Don’t let dirt touch your siding.
- Have a termite inspection every year.
- A termite control professional has knowledge and resources you don’t have.
- They’re trained to spot termite infestations and stop them in their tracks.
- They can give you advice on proactive termite control.
Mighty Mite Prevents Termites While Protecting Your Family and the Environment
If you’re looking for low-toxicity termite control, call Mighty Mite Termite Services, the leading extermination company in the Bay area. We diagnose and treat infestations with the most effective methods and unmatched warranties, offering naturally derived and low toxicity products that have a low environmental impact to solve your termite problems the first time, with an industry best “no call-back rate.” For more information, call us today at 408.335.7053, email Info@mightymitetermite.com, or contact us through our website.