Termite Control Treatments in the Bay Area
MghtyMite Termite experts are well-versed in a variety of products to eliminate termites. While some exterminators use powerful poisons and toxic agents, we use products that are both environmentally friendly, yet strong enough to rid your home or business of even the most resilient termites.
Eco-Friendly Termite Control Solutions
We carry a complete line of termite control products such as:
- Orange Oil: – Orange oil is an innovative solution to an old problem. As a treatment for drywood termites it has many benefits including:
- No need to move out of the house
- Far less toxic than many products you already have in your home
- Sustainably produced as a by-product from the leftover rinds of orange juice production
- Tim-Bor: Tim-Bor is a low toxicity product, often used on wood as a preventative for many wood-destroying organisms. Tim-Bor is sprayed in attics and subarea where there is exposed wood. The protection offered can last between 10 and 20 years. It is approved for use against drywood termites, subterranean termites, dampwood termites, wood-boring beetles, and many kinds of wood destroying fungi. The Tim-Bor spray allows for maximum protection with a minimum of harmful chemicals.
- Vikane: Vikane is the #1 brand in whole-structure termite fumigation and is the only product of its kind developed, manufactured, and distributed in the United States. Fumigation is used to control drywood termites and is a whole-home treatment process that we offer in cases of extreme infestation.
- Altriset: Is a low-impact, reduced risk treatment for Subterranean Termites. Due to the nature of the product, Altriset does not kill termites on impact, which allows infected termites time to spread it to the colony.
- Termidor SC – Termidor SC is used in soil treatments to eliminate and protect against subterranean termites. This highly effective solution is made from a revolutionary non-repellent, undetectable chemical technology treatment that most termites cannot see, taste, or smell. Instead they ingest it and spread it to the other termites in the nest. After Termidor is applied, termites that contact it transfer it to every other termite in the colony in a unique process called the “Transfer Effect.” And because Termidor is engineered to be slow-acting, termites have ample time to spread it throughout their entire termite population. With Termidor, termites will spread the chemical around the colonies deep into areas that are not even treated.
- Termidor Dry: Targeted control of drywoods and subterraneans in virtually any wood, almost anywhere. Termidor DRY features a patented Microllose™-based formulation that can be applied with precision directly to termite galleries in wood, shelter tubes in or away from structures. It quickly kills drywood and subterranean termites and is transferred among termites via the Termidor “Transfer Effect™.” Requires only minimal access to termite colonies to enable control of the entire nest.
Treatment Methods for Each Product
Is injected into the galleries or channels the termites create at kickout holes or by the technician drilling holes into the infested wood and injecting the foam. Each hole is then sealed with wood filler or patching material.
Is a cellulose-based treated product that is injected into the galleries, channels or shelter tubes termites create at kickout holes or by the technician drilling holes into the infested wood and injecting the product. Each hole is then sealed with wood filler or patching material.
Is used largely as a preventative product. Made primarily of Borate salt compounds, it is both very effective for coating exposed wood to prevent infestations for up to 20 years in some conditions and it is also extremely low in toxicity. Commonly mixed into a water solution, it is then sprayed over exposed wood in attics, subareas, garages and works best on wood not exposed to external conditions.
Is a product extracted from orange peels using a distillation process. A technician applies the product by injecting it into the existing galleries or channels that termites have created using both the existing kickout holes or by drilling holes into the infested wood. For treatment of wood-boring beetles, the product is either injected into the infested wood or by brush application over the infested wood, sometimes both.
Is applied to the soil under and around the perimeter of the foundation of a structure. If concrete is present at the perimeter foundation line, holes are drilled into the concrete about the size of a nickel. The product is then pressure injected into the soil below the concrete. After each drill hole has been treated, the technician inserts a non-cellulose based plastic or rubber plug into the hole and fills the remainder with concrete patch (please note that the concrete patch gray and will not match colored, stamped or aggregate concrete).
Which Products Work Against Which Termite
MightyMite Termite takes pride in delivering the best termite control services to our clients. With a knowledgeable and experienced staff we are able to use the right treatment for every type of infestation. Trust our technicians to solve your problem.